Share this post
July 12th, 2013
Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival Announces 2013 Event Line-Up
Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival Presented by FOOD & WINE Announces 2013 Event Line-Up and Moves its Central Hub to Midtown West.
Festival founder and director Lee Brian Schrager is pleased to unveil the event schedule for the 2013 Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE benefiting Food Bank For New York City and Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® campaign. Taking place October 17 – 20 the Festival will feature a dynamic line-up of returning signature events, a plethora of new soirées and exclusive chef-driven dinners that once again brings top winemakers, spirits producers, chefs, and culinary personalities from around the world for an unparalleled weekend to Eat. Drink. End Hunger. in New York City. Adding to the excitement, the Festival is pleased to announce a new partnership with Hudson, Morgans Hotel Group’s celebrated hotel known for its whimsical design and iconic public spaces. As Headquarter Hotel, Hudson will serve as the ideal backdrop for a variety of Festival events, including wine and pairing seminars hosted by FOOD & WINE, complementing the move of the Festival’s central hub to Midtown West.
Mark the calendar: Starting Monday, June 10, MasterCard® cardholders will enjoy exclusive presale access to all of the Festival’s 100 events at www.nycwff.org or by calling 866.969.2933.
“We are excited to announce this year’s program, which highlights both fresh and returning signature events at new venues in Midtown, including Pier 92 and Pier 94,” noted Schrager, who also serves as the vice president of corporate communications & national events for Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc. “This year’s Bank of America Dinner Series also features a truly impressive line-up of host chefs from around the globe, paired with the finest wines from the Southern Wine & Spirits of New York portfolio.”
Pier 94 will be the new home of the Festival’s signature Southern Wine & Spirits of New York Trade Tasting presented by Beverage Media Group and Grand Tasting presented by Shoprite with KitchenAid Culinary Demonstrations presented by MasterCard®. Celebrity chefs and culinary personalities appearing on the KitchenAid Culinary Demonstration stages include Anne Burrell, Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, Robert Irvine, Emeril Lagasse, and many more. The adjacent Pier 92 will host the Festival’s iconic Blue Moon Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Rachael Ray and Olmeca Altos Tequila presents Tacos & Tequila hosted by Bobby Flay, as well as new events including: Jets + Chefs Ultimate Tailgate hosted by Mario Batali, and La Sagra Sunday Slices sponsored by Time Out New York hosted by Anne Burrell & Adam Richman.
Gourmands and aficionados looking for one-of-a-kind wine and culinary experiences will be delighted by the line-up for the Festival’s Bank of America Dinner Series, featuring internationally-acclaimed chefs and fine wine pairings. The series will take place in venues across New York City and includes:
- “I Love NY” hosted by Daniel Humm & Will Guidara
- Yardbird Hong Kong Dinner hosted by Matt Abergel
- Farm-to-Table Dinner presented by Wine Spectator hosted by Bill Telepan & Andrea Reusing
- Manresa: An Edible Reflection hosted by David Kinch
- The Chef and the Doctor hosted by David Bouley & Dr. Mark Hyman
- Cross-Country Dinner hosted by Sean Brock, George Mendes & Daniel Patterson
- Inside the Empire: Dinner hosted by Pubbelly
- A Night in the D.O.M. hosted by Alex Atala
- One Plate at a Time presented by Wine Spectator hosted by Rick Bayless
- Italian Paradise Dinner hosted by Giada De Laurentiis
- Classico E Moderno hosted by Michael White & The Altamarea Group Chefs
- The Ultimate Catch hosted by Ben Sargent
- The Silver Standard Dinner hosted by Dan Silverman & Michael Schlow
- Flavors of the West Coast – Tyler Florence Brings Wayfare Tavern to New York City presented by Wine Spectator
- Exploring the Mediterranean: Dinner hosted by Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi
- Reimagined Classics: Dinner hosted by Quince’s Michael Tusk
- Taste of Tokyo: Dinner hosted by Ivan Orkin
In addition, the 2013 Festival will include a very special fête in honor of the 25th Anniversary of FOOD & WINE’s Best New Chefs, plus new events like Delta Air Lines Global Night Market at The Plaza Food Hall hosted by Todd English featuring Hot Bread Kitchen and Guy Fieri’s Rock of Ages Party. Returning fan-favorites include: Meatpacking Uncorked presented by Cupcake Vineyards, Time Warner Cable presents Chicken Coupe hosted by Whoopi Goldberg, Thrillist’s Barbecue & The Blues presented by Creekstone Farms hosted by Robert Irvine, Rockin’ Dumplings & Rollin’ Sushi hosted by Masaharu Morimoto, and a series of Master Classes at the International Culinary Center.
General ticket sales for the 2013 Festival start Monday, June 24 online at www.nycwff.org or by calling 866.969.2933 (phone sales open 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST). 100% of the net proceeds from the Festival benefit Food Bank For New York City and Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign. Stay up to date with the excitement by following the Festival at www.Facebook.com/NYCWFF or follow founder and director Lee Brian Schrager at www.twitter.com/Lee_Schrager.
Total Comments (0)